Saturday 24 May 2014

Saturday Spankings - Wedding Night Spanking




Hey guys it's Saturday again which means it's time again for Saturday Spankings. Clue's in the name, really.

It's another snippet from my forthcoming book which will presumably be published at some point. I have no clue. Blushing Books seem to have gone strangely quiet on me which I hope is down to them being super-busy rather than because they totally hate the thing.

I'm feeling a bit cross about it, to be honest. It was being offered as an Advanced Reader Copy back on 6th May and there's still no word of a publication date. I was kind of surprised to see it on the ARC list alongside the first two Corbins Bend books. Not least because I hadn't even seen the final edited version at that point. It felt just a tad premature to be offering the thing up before we had a cover, a release date or even a a title that I was happy with.

Whenever I read Blushing's ARC books, the books are always up on the website by the time I've finished. Which to be fair, makes the whole "leaving a review" thing a whole lot easier. Anyone's who elected to read an advanced copy of my book won't have seen hide nor hair of the thing on Blushing Book's website or Amazon since which at best looks unprofessional and at worst looks like there was some kind of massive problem with the book which I am pretty sure there isn't.

Sorry for moaning. Please rest assured the book will be out AT SOME POINT with SOME TITLE and quite probably A LOVELY COVER.

Carry on being patient, my lovelies. It'll be worth it. In the mean time, enjoy this snippet. Scientist, Felix Oliver has successfully courted Lady Margaret Westbrook despite the disapproval of her son, the current Lord Westbrook, and the substantial age difference between the two of them.  The following scene takes place on their wedding night. Felix is setting some ground rules.

She felt herself suddenly and unceremoniously being lifted from the bed and hauled face down over Felix’s lap. Before she had a moment to gather her wits, she felt the force of his hand administering a series of hard swats. He spanked her quickly and thoroughly on every square inch of her barely-covered rear. The force of the spanking left her bottom feeling sore and full of a warmth which was spreading quickly to her belly. 
The spanking apparently over, Felix lifted Margaret from her position across his knees and sat her beside him on the bed. 
“What was that for?” asked Margaret indignantly. 
“Consider it a short sharp lesson. I’m a liberal-minded chap, and I’m prepared to accept almost any kind of language in the bedroom, but what I’m not prepared to accept are the phrases ‘get it out of the way’ or ‘get it over with quickly’ in regards to our lovemaking. You had best remember that.”

Check out the other Saturday Spanks posts by people who are in a more upbeat mood than me.

11 comments:

  1. Poor chap. Was his ego offended? LOL. Fun snippet. And don't worry, it will be published and given a shiny new cover very soon, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, like it. If BB ever publishes, I will be adding it to my Kindle but I'll be doing it by Amazon. I always have too much hassle with BB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, yeah, I think it is a fairly universal sentiment that Felix is echoing there. Who would want to hear that?
    I agree with Tara, I am sure everything will be worked out soon with your book! For now you are just building anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, Etta. I would tell you to be patient, but I never am, lol. I drive the staff at BB nuts with all my issues, going over the edits, final pdf, seeing the cover and approving it, but it all works out in the end. Each book is your 'baby' and you want to be sure it gets the best possible presentation. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be pleased when all is done. Best of Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Etta, they wouldn't have offered it as an ARC if they didn't already love it and want to publish it within a few weeks, so that's the good news. The bad news is that you're not even sure you like the title you submitted, however, Blushing is good about letting their ARC readers know if a book or its title has changed since they released it for reviews. Reviews can't be posted until the book is released, so readers will have more time to read and write their reviews for soon-to-be-released books (which is the direction Blushing wants to take with their ARC program), rather than already published books. You'll have to let us know on your blog if "Like the Lightning" is given another title. In the meantime, we'll keep a watch out for Lady Margaret and Felix. I'd say the gentleman is going to have his hands full with his new wife. Loved the excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's funny! Sorry about your BB troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! I guess that would be offensive! Don't worry, at least all the ARC readers will be raring to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your kind words, everyone. Me and my bad mood have been absent from the internet for the last few days so apologies for not responding before. (Bad mood not about publishing schedule by the way, just been a not-great few days.) I do really appreciate everyone's lovely feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am one of the ARC readers, and I can't wait to post my review for you! I really enjoyed the book. It's refreshing to read about an older woman once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marybeth! That's really lovely of you. Keep checking in on the blog and I'll let you know as soon as I have news! (I mean sure, Blushing Books'll probably tell you anyway but keep checking in on the blog anyway!)

      Delete